VIE: a ‘plug and play’ solution
The Volunteers for International Experience (VIE), or Volontariat International en Entreprise, is a French government program enabling French companies to post a young professional (up to 28 years old) abroad for a period of six to 24 months.
As a key partner in this program, the French Chamber offers a unique, all-inclusive solution to support VIEs to accelerate their setup and development in Hong Kong. Flexible, original and affordable, the Chamber’s service can be adapted to the needs of any company.
Any VIE working in Hong Kong requires a training visa. The Visa Team of the French Chamber, with nearly 10 years of experience, takes care of the entire visa application process of the VIE, from the creation of the dossier to the organisation of interviews to obtain the necessary Hong Kong Identity Card.
As an optional service, the French Chamber can also be the sponsor of your VIE’s visa, meaning that the company does not need to be physically present in Hong Kong.
Our fee includes:
- Management of the whole intern visa application with the Immigration Department
- Handling of any necessary visits to the Immigration Department
- Payment of visa fees
- Collection of the visa to be inserted in the passport
The Chamber’s business centre, located in the heart of Central, is the perfect place to set up for any VIE. This co-working space, already home to 40+ companies, allows VIEs to easily integrate into an established community of international entrepreneurs.
What it includes:
- Fully furnished office or open space desk
- Private telephone number and free local calls
- Fax line for unlimited usage of local outgoing fax
- High-speed Wifi
- Privileged rate for international calls
- 24x7 voicemail services
- Mail and courier handling services
- Guest reception
- State-of-the-art facilities with 24/7 access
- Rental of well-equipped meeting and conference rooms at a privileged rate
- Daily office housekeeping (twice a day)
- 'Young Professional' Membership with the French Chamber of Commerce: your VIE becomes a member of the French Chamber for free. Therefore the VIE can access a network of 1,000 members and many other privileges.
- Hot desking at other business centres within the French Chamber in Asia network
Finally, the French Chamber offers a coaching program for VIEs to allow companies who aren’t present in Hong Kong to follow the progression of the VIE. This means the Chamber monitors the VIE on behalf of the company according to set objectives (project progress, advice, business practices).
We have developed two formulas to suit your needs:
- Full Package: we ensure a weekly follow-up (1 hour / 15 days) with progression of the project, advice, business practices, useful contacts. A monthly report will be made concerning the progress achieved + a monthly call with the company is arranged to provide feedback.
- Light package: we ensure a monthly follow-up (1 hour / month) with progression of the project, advice, business practices, useful contacts. A monthly report will be made concerning the progress achieved + a monthly call with the company is arranged to provide feedback.
(In addition to visa cost for companies not present in Hong Kong)
|Offices||5,700 per month for an open space desk (+ 2-month deposit for a 1-year contract)|
Location & Contact Info21,F On Hing Building
1 On Hing Terrace
Central, Hong Kong
- Clement Brumeaux