US - China trade war and beyond: Potential consequences for Europe
- US-China trade war to affect other major exporting regions, particularly Europe
- US-China trade war moving beyond import tariffs to other areas, especially restrictions on investment
- While the US closes its doors to China’s M&A, China seems to be opening up to foreign competition
- How will China respond in terms of its macro outlook? Expect more monetary and fiscal stimulus to hold the economy, even at the cost of additional leverage
Alicia Garcia-Herrero, Chief Economist for Asia Pacific at NATIXIS
Alicia García Herrero is the Chief Economist for Asia Pacific at Natixis. She also serves as Senior Fellow at European think-tank BRUEGEL and Research Fellow at Real Instituto Elcano, and is currently Adjunct Professor at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology. Finally, Alicia is advisor to the Hong Kong Monetary Authority’s research arm (HKIMR) and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) as well as a member of the board of the Hong Kong Forum.
In previous years, Alicia held the following positions: Chief Economist for Emerging Markets at Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria (BBVA), Member of the Asian Research Program at the Bank of International Settlements (BIS), Head of the International Economy Division of the Bank of Spain, Member of the Counsel to the Executive Board of the European Central Bank, Head of Emerging Economies at the Research Department at Banco Santander, and Economist at the International Monetary Fund.
* A registration (on-line registration or Outlook invitation acceptation or e-mail) is a confirmed booking.
* Cancellation must be notified at least 1 working day before the meeting, otherwise no refund will be done.
* No show will be charged unless the meeting is cancelled by the organiser.
* When Typhoon 8 (or above) or Black Rainstorm Signal is hoisted, all meetings will be cancelled.
For enquiries, please contact Catherine at email@example.com
Date and Time
Monday 3rd September 2018
12:30 - 14:00
Location French Chamber meeting room, 21/F, On Hing Building, 1 On Hing Terrace, Central, HK
Members: 120 HKD