Xi Jinping and the future of reforms in China
The slowdown of Chinese economy, the trade war with the US and the increasing Sino-American strategic rivalry have put Xi Jinping in difficulties on the domestic stage.
- How much has Xi been put on the defensive?
- How strong are his opponents within the CCP leadership and the society?
- Will external pressure on the Chinese government force it to deepen economic reforms?
- What are the political consequences of China’s current domestic divisions and international tensions?
Prof. Jean-Pierre Cabestan, Professor in Political Science, Department of Government and International Studies, Hong Kong Baptist University
* A registration (on-line registration or Outlook invitation acceptation or e-mail) is a confirmed booking.
* Cancellation must be notified at least 1 working day before the meeting, otherwise no refund will be done.
* No show will be charged unless the meeting is cancelled by the organiser.
* When Typhoon 8 (or above) or Black Rainstorm Signal is hoisted, all meetings will be cancelled.
For enquiries, please contact Catherine at firstname.lastname@example.org
Date and Time
Friday 18th January 2019
12:30 - 14:00
Location french chamber meeting room, 21/f, on hing building, 1 on hing terrace, central, hong kong
Members: 120 HKD