Belt & Road initiative:
How does the economic 'rubber' meet 'the Road'?
China’s leadership touts its Road initiative as “the project of the century”:
- What tangible economic progress has the flagship Belt-and-Road achieved?
- What are its realistic prospects?
- What are the opportunities for business?
Join us for in-depth analysis and outlines of the concrete steps taken so far.
Rob Koepp, Director and Chief Economist of the Economist Corporate Network
Rob has held senior positions as an executive or consultant to companies and government agencies in Greater China, Japan, Singapore, and the US.
He frequently appears on televised business news programs as an expert commentator.
In addition to numerous contributed articles and spoken opinion, he has authored Betting on China: Chinese Stocks, American Stock Markets, and the Wagers on a New Dynamic in Global Capitalism (Wiley, 2012).
The 2013 Chinese version rose to number one in sales on amazon.cn in the category of Finance and Economics.
* An online registration is a confirmed booking.
* Cancellation must be notified at least 3 days before the event, otherwise no refund will be made.
* For non-members, no-show will be charged unless the event is cancelled by the organiser.
* No-show penalty of HK$200 will be applied to members if they do not attend the event (without the required three days prior notification of cancellation).
* When Typhoon 8 (or above) or Black Rainstorm Signal is hoisted, all events will be cancelled.
Date and Time
Thursday 6th September 2018
8:30 - 10:00
Location French Chamber Meeting Room 18/F, On Hing Building 1 On Hing Terrace, Central
Non Members: 200 HKD