At 11am on 11th November 1918, a peace agreement was signed signalling the end of the 1st World War.
In honour of and to remember the bravery of those who fought, lived and died in conflict, and to mark 100 years since the end of the War, the British and French Chambers of Commerce would like to invite you to a joint drinks reception.
On the night we will also be joined by the writer Mark O’Neill, who will give a short talk on the Chinese labour corps, a little-known contingent of the War effort and China’s major contribution to the War. Representatives of the French and British Consulates General will also participate in the event.
Programme of the Commemorative Reception
6.00pm - Guests arrive, drinks and canapes served.
6.30pm - Welcome from venue host Andy Heyn, British Consul-General in Hong Kong and Macau.
• Mark Field MP, Minister of State for UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office
• Paule Ignatio, Deputy Consul-General of France in Hong Kong and Macau
6.40pm - Presentation from Mark O’Neill on Chinese Labour Corps.
6.50pm - Brigadier Christopher Hammerbeck (Royal British Legion) to thank all for attending.
6.55pm - Drinks and canapes.
8.00pm - Event ends.
Ticket includes canapés and 2 hours of free flow drinks.
Member: 290.00 HKD
Non-Member: 350.00 HKD
* An online registration is a confirmed booking.
* Cancellation must be notified at least 3 days before the event, otherwise no refund will be done.
* No show will be charged unless the event is cancelled by the organizer.
* When Typhoon 8 (or above) or Black Rainstorm Signal is hoisted, all events will be cancelled.
Date and Time
Friday 9 November 2018
18:00 - 20:00
Location 1/F British Consulate-General, 1 Supreme Court Road, Admiralty
Members: 290 HKD
Non Members: 350 HKD