In March 2019, the National People's Congress (NPC) adopted the new Foreign Investment Law, which aims at replacing by early 2020 the current regulations on joint ventures and WFOEs and unifying the legal regime of all enterprises under the PRC Company Law.
As an increasing number of Chinese private enterprises become the target of foreign companies’ acquisition projects: what to expect from the new rules?
Based on his 25 years’ experience of advising foreign investors in China, Hubert Bazin, member of the Paris Bar and partner at LPA-CGR avocats in Shanghai, will share his views about:
- The impact of these changes on the governance of existing and future foreign-invested enterprises
- The persistent obstacles and pitfalls when carrying out M&A transactions in China
Since 1993, Hubert Bazin has been practicing in China, assisting numerous French and European Companies in their investment and acquisition projects. He recently joined LPA-CGR in Shanghai.
* An online registration is a confirmed booking.
* Cancellation must be notified at least 3 days before the event, otherwise no refund will be made.
* For non-members, no-show will be charged unless the event is cancelled by the organiser.
* No-show penalty of HK$200 will be applied to members if they do not attend the event (without the required three days prior notification of cancellation).
* When Typhoon 8 (or above) or Black Rainstorm Signal is hoisted, all events will be cancelled.
Date and Time
Thursday 27 June 2019
8:30 - 10:00
Location French Chamber, 18/F On Hing Building, 1 On Hing Terrace, Central
Non Members: 200 HKD