The need for sustainable development can no longer be ignored. And today, sustainability is also a key driver for innovation.
Join this ‘Morning Talk’ to discover why incorporating sustainability as a design principle can deliver business benefits that go far beyond the bottom line, and how to do it well.
Maurille Lariviere, who co-founded the SDS (Sustainable Design School) will take you through:
• New methods of design : Design Thinking, Knowledge Design®, Frugal Innovation, Social Innovation, …
• How to develop innovation with collective intelligence ?
• Why the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s) are required in today innovation ?
• Study cases of design and sustainable innovation project with different kind of companies.
Maurille LARIVIERE, Designer.
- 1983-1993, Maurille LARIVIERE is head of the diploma phase at ENSCI - Les Ateliers, National Graduate School of Industrial Design Ecole Nationale Supérieure de Création Industrielle – Paris – France
- 1993 - 2010, he is the co-founder and Dean of Strate, Ecole de design, Graduate School of Industrial Design – Paris – France
In parallel, he is Professor of design at the Ecole Polytechnique – Paris, at the Ecole des Mines - Paris, at the Ecole des Ponts ParisTech and at the Sciences Po. Paris-Menton.
- Since 2013, he is co-founder and the President of The Sustainable Design School, International Graduate School of Design and Sustainable Innovation in Nice, French Riviera (www.the-sds.com). Its pedagogy proposes the concrete realization of research projects in sustainable innovation by different methods of design, with large and international companies.
- In 2016, The SDS becomes one of the 13 founding members of Université Côte d'Azur (UCA). With the University, the school offers a PhD program, and develops innovation projects and cross-disciplinary research programs.
The SDS is a member of the World Design Organization (WDO), an international NGO promoting the professions of industrial and sustainable design.
More information here.
* An online registration is a confirmed booking.
* Cancellation must be notified at least 3 days before the event, otherwise no refund will be made.
* For non-members, no-show will be charged unless the event is cancelled by the organiser.
* No-show penalty of HK$200 will be applied to members if they do not attend the event (without the required three days prior notification of cancellation).
* When Typhoon 8 (or above) or Black Rainstorm Signal is hoisted, all events will be cancelled.
Date and Time
Tuesday 24 September 2019
8:30 - 10:00
Location French Chamber, 18/F On Hing Building, 1 On Hing Terrace, Central
Non Members: 200 HKD