China’s ten-year growth cycle since 2009 is now coming to an end. The West may think a collapse is in store, but China has other ideas.
Previous economic drivers have hit a ceiling: free money through quantitative easing, product upgrades through US technology transfers, and consumer internet boosted by smartphone penetration.
But reinvention is once again on the cards through productivity improvements of both capital and labor, development of local technologies, and a movement from a consumer to business internet.
In this morning talk, you will:
Learn about ten Chinese business models that will keep on surprising us over the next decade.
|David Baverez is a private investor.
He has been based in Hong Kong since 2012, where he finances and advises various starts-up.
Previously, he was a fund manager for 15 years in London and Boston.
He published "Beijing Express - How to understand New China" (Westphalia Press 2017) and "Génération Tonique – L’Occident est completement à l’Ouest" (Plon, 2015).
He is a regular columnist in the French newspapers "L'Opinion" et "Les Echos".
* An online registration is a confirmed booking.
* Cancellation must be notified at least 3 days before the event, otherwise no refund will be made.
* For non-members, no-show will be charged unless the event is cancelled by the organiser.
* No-show penalty of HK$200 will be applied to members if they do not attend the event (without the required three days prior notification of cancellation).
* When Typhoon 8 (or above) or Black Rainstorm Signal is hoisted, all events will be cancelled.
Date and Time
Thursday 7th March 2019
8:30 - 10:00
Location French Chamber, 18/F On Hing Building, 1 On Hing Terrace, Central
Non Members: 200 HKD