The Chinese e-Commerce market is the largest e-Commerce market in the world. This market has its own specificities: local players and local practices which are quite different from the Western world. Whether you are a brand or a merchant with an e-Commerce project in China, this training will help you to understand the local Chinese e-Commerce market, the best e-Commerce practices in China and the Chinese digital ecosystem. Through real life examples and case studies, this training will allow you to gather the necessary practical and market knowledge for your e-Commerce success in China.
Who should attend?
This training session targets any brands or merchants with an e-Commerce or digital project in the Chinese market. Entrepreneurs or e-Commerce practitioners can join this course.
- Who are the Chinese internet users and online buyers?
- Focus on the mobile market in China
- Market size / growth
- Why do Chinese consumers buy online?
Marketplaces and e-Tailers
- The major importance of e-marketplaces in China’s e-Commerce scene
- Business models of the e-marketplaces in China
- Focus on Tmall & JD
- Niche players presentation
- Shoppers acquisition on e-marketplaces
- Case studies
- Costs and team necessary to set up and run
- What and why Chinese shoppers buy on cross-border e-Commerce
- Why and how brands can leverage cross-border e-Commerce
- Focus on the main players
- Review of the different logistics options
- Cross-border tax – New scheme and positive List
Stand-alone e-Commerce Website
- The localisation of an e-Commerce website for China
- Hosting a website in China
Digital Landscape & Baidu
- Baidu and Baidu Marketing
- Basics of Baidu SEO
- Livestreaming and e-Commerce
- Short videos
Social Marketing and Social e-Commerce
- Social marketing insights
- Why social marketing is a must for e-Commerce in China
- Weibo is not dead! How can a brand use Weibo?
- WeChat: The super app
- WeChat features / accounts / ecosystem
- How to acquire WeChat followers
- How to run e-Commerce with WeChat
- Advertising with WeChat
- Case studies and campaigns
Strategy and Budget
- The MUST HAVE of an e-Commerce strategy
- Planning a budget for your e-Commerce operation
Speaker – Cyril Drouin:
Cyril Drouin is the Chief e-Commerce Officer for Greater China at Publicis Communications. He is based in the Shanghai office and runs the Publicis Commerce practice in China. Cyril has more than 10 years’ e-Commerce and digital experience in China. Local and international companies have come to rely on his e-Commerce and digital marketing expertise to successfully optimise or create their digital and e-Commerce presence in China. Cyril is a regular well-respected speaker and trainer at various digital and e-Commerce conferences. He hosts high-level training sessions about the Chinese e-Commerce ecosystem in China and around the world. Cyril also teaches e-Commerce and digital marketing to executive MBA students. Cyril holds a Master’s degree in IT & mathematics. He is native in French and fluent in English, and also has a good command of Chinese, so his trainings are attended by trainees from all walks of life in Chinese business.
Date and Time
Wednesday 12 June 2019
9:00 - 18:00
Location French Chamber, 21/F On Hing Building, 1 On Hing Terrace, Central
Members: 2900 HKD
Non Members: 3600 HKD