Sector: Non-profit Organization
The FCF is a charity under the section 88 of the IRD. It has been created at the initiative of the French Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Hong Kong to give back to the city that nurtured its prosperity.
The French Chamber Foundation’s key project is The Lunch Club. A Lunch Club is a meeting place for low income workers to find personalized and warm support; it helps its members strengthen their working skills and finally attain better opportunities.
The French Chamber Foundation provides 3 services: lunch, training and recruitment.
Key areas of responsibility:
- direct the training and employment services project for the working poor population of Hong Kong
- management of charity partners
- engage relationships with other charities for benchmarking and potential future collaboration
- coordinate and create new activities around the Project
Direct the training and employment services project for the working poor population of Hong Kong provided by the FCF through four lunch clubs located in Mong Kok, Wanchai, Tsuen Wan and Kwun Tong (the “Project”).
Develop and maintain relationships with key charity partners of the Project, maintain the monitoring process to assess their performance and evaluate their services to ensure that an efficient, effective and quality service is being provided.
Develop and execute a program for volunteering, job matching and training for beneficiaries of the Project. Identify and expand the pool of companies, contact them to introduce the FCF and liaise with them to organize trainings and job placements in coordination with our charity partners.
Advise the general manager & the board on the orientation and development of the Project and strategies for programs for low income workers in Hong Kong.
Coordinate and support volunteer service.
In specific cases, directly engage with beneficiaries, including to support job matching opportunities.
Carry out administrative tasks such as gathering data, preparing reports, managing databases and CRM systems and related work in relation to the Project.
Assist on other ad-hoc projects as assigned by the General Manager of the FCF.
Reporting to: General Manager of the FCF
For this role, we require:
-Registered Social Worker, Degree/Diploma in Social Work
-5 years of experience in the social work field
- Excellent oral and written communication in Cantonese and English
- Good communication, problem-solving and organization skill
- Strong ability to build up effective work relationship with stakeholders & community partners
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- Good analytical skills
- Persistent and trouble shooter
- Excel, Word and Powerpoint proficient